Foremarke Hall drew into Winchcombe hauling the BR stock while I was restocking; 2807 pulled out of Todders hauling the GWR stock. The 55xx tank was on Elephant & Sturgeon duty.
Roster: 2807 is out of service this week. Next Saturday and Sunday (10/11th) she is booked to haul the second train.
I noted that the Turk (8274) is marked as "unserviceable", but further investigation showed that she had broken a right-hand driving wheel spring on 20th July, though it has now been replaced. It was only 29 June (just 3 weeks earlier) that it had broken a spring on the left-hand side! Both of its injectors are marked as being "wet" (i.e. dribbling too much) and one axle box ran dry.
On 2807, I checked the issues log and the following are outstanding:
- RH intermediate tender brake block is not touching the wheel when the brake is on.
- Top gauge frame test cock is rotating with its nut & spindle.
- RH injector steam valve spindle needs repacking.
- Y-splitter on top of the manifold is blowing.
- LH training (axle box) underkeep retaining bolt loose.
- Front RH mud hole door is hissing.
- RH training spring is striking the forward hornstay stud (this is a recurrence of a fault from 11 May).
- All tender brake hangers need better fixing (one almost fell off due to a loose nut).
- LH injector rear cap is leaking steam.
I assume that we had yet more problems with our water supply? My green garden hose between standpipe and TPO has been replaced with a yellow-looking one. It suffered in the sun when it also had mains pressure in it. The Hoselock connections are not exactly reliable, either - they tend to blow apart at random intervals.